I have been desperate to put this post live and after finding out Stephanie was in the Australian Financial Review on Friday, I think she truly demonstrates her passion and motivation to make a unique jewellery business a success.
1. When did you start www.stephanie-said.com ?
A. I started it in August 2013.
2. Can you tell me a bit about yourself and the business?
A. I trained in fashion and textile design, though jewellery making and design has always been something that is a part of my life and I kept this up whilst working in the fashion industry, making pieces for myself or friends only. Today I continue to work in the fashion industry as well as run my own jewellery business.
3. Did you always want your own business or was this a new idea?
A. It was always an idea but jewellery making has been a purely selfish joy of mine, I don’t want to turn it into work. However, since deciding to start a business with my jewellery I have loved the process of creating more and more.
4. What three tips would you give to those who want to start their own business or project?
A. Research and planning are key, but most importantly follow your heart! (three in one?!)
5. What do you enjoy the most about running Stephanie Said?
A. It’s a pretty lovely feeling when someone really likes one of my pieces, it brings so much satisfaction when I have created something they hold dear to them.
6. Which social media platform do you use the most?
A. Instagram !
7. Is there anything you dislike about the world of digital?
A. Only that it takes time away from my making.
8. Do you have any geeky habits?
A. Too many… pressing flowers in all my books may be the geekiest of them all.
9. What is your own personal favourite piece of jewellery?
A. My very first earrings that were given to me by my grandmother when I was three years old, I still wear them today. Also, a mexican made pendant I received on my 21st birthday from a dear friend. These pieces remind me so much of the loves in my life, jewellery is so important in that way
10. Has anyone famous or popular been spotted wearing your jewellery?
A. Not yet! any takers!?